Our partners at Portland State University's National Policy Consensus Center are sponsoring a workshop "Transformational Communication: Tools for Cross-Cultural Understanding and Alliance Building" as part of our commitment to equity. From NPCC's equity statement: An important purpose of collaborative governance is to bring a full range of voices together to build on the promises of democracy. Institutional racism and other inequities hinder this aspiration from being realized. We are committed to striving for equity both in our projects and in our organizational culture. We approach this work as learners.
We invite Kitchen Table Democracy friends to join us February 1-3, 2017 in Portland, Oregon. Individual registration is $750. Register here (the registration fee can be paid by check to the "Policy Consensus Initiative" at P.O. Box 1762 Portland, OR 97207)
This workshop is facilitated by Nanci Luna Jiménez, CPF©, and Bert Debusschere, Ph.D. Read about their work and approach.
You CAN learn to recognize and overcome the Effects of Oppression and Become a More Effective Leader! When you attend you will:
- Create more compassionate, understanding, value-based and just relationships
- Learn frameworks to understand and heal from the impacts of oppression
- Discover how your unconscious biases and past hurts limit your life
- Reclaim a perspective of humans as good and completely capable of healing
- Practice tools for social change that increase trust and interrupt dominance
- Be more hopeful, energized and equipped in working toward equity