Our second UNCG Webinar for members is on Thursday, December 6 from 2-3pm Eastern / 1-2pm Central / 12-1pm Mountain / 11am - 12pm Pacific. Please let us know if you're planning on attending. Once you register, you'll receive Webinar information. As a reminder, this is a benefit for UNCG dues-paying members! If you aren't sure if you're up-to-date with your dues, email email@example.com.
Doing Our Jobs / Saving Our Sanity: Defining Our Role, Responsibility and Risks Related to Serving Our University Communities
During this hour-long webinar, we'll focus on what are the distinct challenges and helpful approaches and techniques for us working in the field of collaborative governance and within a university? A variety of UNCG members will share examples / stories from their experiences - and of course, time for exchanges and discussion! Topics will include:
- Mission: What is my job to say yes to or no to (given where I sit / my role for serving the Univ)?
- Structure: What are the choices around how it’s built to serve?
- Fiscal: What kind of funding, support, or contracting is or could be in place?
- Controversy and Risk: what are the issues of taking on high visibility / high stakes issues sitting in a university?
- Capacity: what’s my role for building the university’s capacity for collaboration?
Lara Fowler (Penn State), John Stephens (UNC Chapel Hill), Marina Piscolisch (Univ of Hawaii), Peter Harkema (Portland State) will all share experiences.
Contact Sarah Giles (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.